Tuesday, June 20, 2006

First, a moment of silence for the most recently killed troops from Iraq. They were killed by some of the most cowardly scum to walk the planet. Thank God, some of their number have been taken out of action with extreme predjudice.

Well, what can I say? I've been meaning to start blogging again for a while. Life has a way of screwing with your plans though. On this blog, I'll give my unvarnished opinion on various subjects, mostly related to firearms, the war in Iraq and the second amendment. If this kind of thing bothers you, or you're a liberal gun grabber, then you might not want to read further.

Let's see... My collection is so far small, but so is my budget. I have (in order of purchase) a Ruger 10/22 rifle, a Remington 870 Express Magnum 12 gauge shotgun, a Mosin Nagant M91/30 made in 1938 with all matching serial numbers and lots of goodies, a Ruger 22/45 pistol, and a SKS "Yugo" M59/66 rifle made in 1975.

Yes, I've shot them all and they're all fun to shoot, but I have to admit to liking my new SKS a lot. I bought one hundred rounds for it's first trip out to the range and I wish I'd bought more. I guess it doesn't hurt that it's a semi-automatic and has a ten round magazine. Both the Mosin and SKS are very accurate, which is good because sometimes you play pot-luck with millitary surplus rifles. I had my doubts when they told me the SKS was in "Unissued" condition, but once I had the cosmoline all cleaned off of it I was a beliver.

Guns I want to get: Ruger SP-101 in .357 Magnum with a fanny pack holster for CCW (I'll be getting my permit soon). I shot an aquintances SP-101 at the range the other day. It kicks like a mule with .357 Magnum loads in it, but I like it a lot and with .38 Specials it'll tame right down. I've also been lusting after some really nice 1911's, but on my budget that might be more easily said than done.

Well, that's all for now. I've run out of things to say and I have an appointment in a few minutes.

Bubye... :-)

No comments: