Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Vasily Zaytsev

Captain Vasily Grigoryevich Zaytsev (March 23, 1915–December 15, 1991) was a Soviet sniper during World War II who between November 10 and December 17, 1942 during the Battle of Stalingrad killed 225 soldiers and officers of the Wehrmacht and other Axis armies, including 11 enemy snipers. His military rank at the time was Junior Lieutenant. By the end of the war, Zaytsev had made 242 verified kills, although some argue it might have been as many as 400.

Read more...

I'm loving that Mosin-Naganty goodness. :-) This reminds me that I still need to get myself a Mosin-Nagant M91/30 Sniper rig. I also highly recommend the movie "Enemy at the Gates". Although fictionalized, it's still a pretty good story about the events in Stalingrad during WWII, and Vasily Zaytsev.

No comments: