Monday, July 10, 2006

Blah...

Well, not a lot going on today. I wasn't able to get out to the range this weekend, so nothing new to report there. I am going out to Clark Rifles next Saturday morning, so that should be fun. I got my Taurus M605 out of layaway and after a four business day background check I have it at home. I haven't been able to fire it yet, but it is very solid and well made. One thing I need to work on is my tendency to aim "slightly" high when drawing (yes it's unloaded when doing this). At close quarters it probably wouldn't matter though as a .357 Magnum, semi-jacketed hollowpoint is going to hurt where ever it hits. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it, that's for sure, but then again, I wouldn't want to get shot with a .22lr either.

Don't take a knife to a gun fight...

In chat today while listening to Gun Talk, it was discussed how a determined attacker, armed with only a knife is a real threat within twenty one feet. Apparently, it only takes someone with a knife to cross twenty one feet in one and a half seconds. Add to this, people who have been stabbed and shot both, say that they would rather be shot than stabbed any day. I've been neither, but they say that a knife hurts a lot worse. I'll have to take their word on this. So... In light of this information, I'd say that if some guy's coming at me with a knife and he's within twenty one feet of me, it's a definite "shoot" situation.

No comments: