Sunday, July 16, 2006

Yuri Goes to the Range!


I managed to get out to the range yesterday and had a blast. That's my Mosin Nagant M91/30 I'm shooting in the picture (courtesy Jeffersonian), using some Polish Mil Surplus 7.62x54R made in 1981. I'm not a terrible shot, I can reliably hit something the size of a paper plate from 100 yards, but I wouldn't call myself a "marksman" by any stretch of the imagination. When I get my glasses next month, I'm positive my shooting will improve. My right eye is getting progressivly near sighted as I get older. We'll see. I also was able to shoot my SKS Yugo, but the sights on that turned out to be WAY off and noone had a sight adjustment tool at the range.

I also shot my "new" Taurus M605 .357 Magnum with the 2.5" barrel. With .38 Special the accuracy was lousy, but as soon as I moved up to the .357 Magnum SJHP's, things improved a lot. Keep in mind this was at 25 yards and most gun fights occur within 10'. I also shot four magazines through my Ruger 22/45 and was very accurate with that at 25 yards.

Anyway, I have to take off to go to the store.

No comments: